Bareback horse riding is known to be an interesting way to connect well with your horse. When there is nothing hindering your connection with the horse then you can expect to create a special bond while riding on it. Some of the tips that can help you learn bareback riding are:
- At first, you need to understand “what you actually mean by bareback horse riding”. The simple way to answer this is that there is no padding or saddle present and you are sitting on horse’s bareback.
- This should be tried on horses that have wider backs and smaller backbones. If the horse has pronounced back bone then you will have to use padding as it will keep you comfortable.
- If you are new into bareback riding then you need to make sure that you use a pad. First, start with a small pad and once you start feeling comfortable then you can remove it with time.
- You need to be brave enough to go through bareback horse riding. You don’t have proper pads here and you have lesser options to control the horse. This is the biggest reason people are told to start with pads.
- The biggest key while riding a horse on its bareback is to get the balance right and go with the flow. You should not make much movement while you’re riding and you should stay balanced. If the rider stays relaxed and connects well with the horse, the animal will automatically start feeling comfortable and move with ease.
- Getting on the back of the horse is another issue if the horse is very tall. A newcomer should always go for a horse that is short and there is no issue while staying on top of the animal.
Practice is the biggest key in this and one can do this to perfection if he practices it regularly.